Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog

От G. Anthony Reina
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

-------+--------+------+---------+--------+-------+------------+--------+--------+-------+---------+----------+----------+----------+--------+----------
> circle |     256|    24|       47|f       |b      |t           |,       |       0|
0|circle_in|circle_out|circle_in|circle_out|d       |

> (1 row)
>
> If you don't then indeed pg_type is corrupted.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Okay, I found out why I am getting this error. My partner is building a table which he is calling 'circle'. Of course,
circleis a pg_type in the

PostgreSQL. So he DROP TYPE'd circle from the database (we don't need that type anyway). For some reason, the database
seemsto not mind this until I do

the vacuum analyze.

Any suggestions on a workaround? We'd really prefer to use 'circle' as a tablename and don't need it as a pg_type.
-Tony

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog
От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.2