Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"G. Anthony Reina" <reina@nsi.edu> writes:
> Okay, I found out why I am getting this error. My partner is building
> a table which he is calling 'circle'. Of course, circle is a pg_type
> in the PostgreSQL. So he DROP TYPE'd circle from the database (we
> don't need that type anyway). For some reason, the database seems to
> not mind this until I do the vacuum analyze.

Is it possible that you've got tables lying around that have ordinary-
circle-type fields in them?  Vacuum analyze would notice the lack of
type data, but I'm not sure a plain vacuum would.

In any case, it'd be wise to flush everything in pg_operator and pg_proc
that has circle as an argument or result type.  (Does DROP TYPE do that
for you?  I bet not...)  There might be other system tables that have
references to circle, too.