Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ERROR: Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"G. Anthony Reina" <reina@nsi.edu> writes:
> Anyone run into this error before:
> ERROR:  Unable to locate type oid 718 in catalog
> This occurred when I tried to 'vacuum verbose analyze' my database.

A quick glimpse says that the only occurrences of that error text are
in parse_type.c, which is not code that I'd think would get called from
vacuum.  Odd.

If you do "select * from pg_type where oid = 718;" you should get

typname|typowner|typlen|typprtlen|typbyval|typtype|typisdefined|typdelim|typrelid|typelem|typinput |typoutput
|typreceive|typsend  |typalign|typdefault

circle |     256|    24|       47|f       |b      |t           |,       |       0|
0|circle_in|circle_out|circle_in|circle_out|d       |

(1 row)

If you don't then indeed pg_type is corrupted.