Re: [HACKERS] New man pages

От José Soares
Тема Re: [HACKERS] New man pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Thomas,

I'm looking at man pages, and I find it very good. Now we have only one
documentation's version. Nice job.
There's only a little thing that I would like to recall your attention;
I see whenever the name Postgres instead of
PostgreSQL. Is there a reason to continue to call it Postgres in the
docs ?

UPDATE(l)                                               UPDATE(l)

NAME      UPDATE - Replaces values of columns in a table

SYNOPSIS      UPDATE  table  SET  R">colle> = expression [, ...]  [ FROM
^^^^^^^     fromlist ] [ WHERE condition ]

  INPUTS      table  The name of an existing table.
      column The name of a column in table.
      expression             A valid expression or value to assign to column.
      fromlist             A Postgres non-standard extension to allow  columns                 ^^^^^^^             from
othertables to appear in the WHERE condition.

José