Re: [HACKERS] New man pages

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] New man pages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> There's only a little thing that I would like to recall your attention;
> I see whenever the name Postgres instead of
> PostgreSQL. Is there a reason to continue to call it Postgres in the
> docs ?

I have chosen to use "Postgres" within the docs, as a shorter (and
pronouncable ;) form of our product. "PostgreSQL" appears in all
titles and introductory material. I have considered the "SQL" part of
the "PostgreSQL" as sort of a version or branch, like "OpenIngres" or
"Windows 2000", and a bit cumbersome in the body of the docs.

But that was a choice which can always be reconsidered, we're just a
"sed" away from a different name...
                     - Thomas

South Pasadena, California