Re: AW: [HACKERS] shared lib names

От Mark Hollomon
Тема Re: AW: [HACKERS] shared lib names
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Zeugswetter Andreas IZ5 <Andreas.Zeugswetter@telecom.at> writes:
> > Ok, sorry I see the difference now. Those that are for linking are named
> > lib*.so
> > and those that are for dyn loading into postgres don't have the lib.
>
> What?  They should all have the "lib" AFAIK --- dynamic loading takes
> the same kind of shared lib as a regular link does on every platform
> I've heard about.

I don't know about 'should' but they definitely are not required
to have it.

As Andreas said, the reason for the 'lib' prefix is to allow the -l
flag to the linker to work. What you pass to dlopen is the path to the
file, so
it can have any name you want. Generally (may be some platform this
isn't true)
you don't even have to have a magic suffix.

--

Mark Hollomon
mhh@nortelnetworks.com