Re: [HACKERS] Re: Hashing passwords (was Updated TODO list)

От Mattias Kregert
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Hashing passwords (was Updated TODO list)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I found this at freshmeat.net:
------------------------------
Secure Remote Password (SRP) is a password-based authentication and  key exchange mechanism where no information about
thepassword is  leaked during the authentication process. It does not require any

public  key cryptography, yet even if one were to eavesdrop on the  authentication process, no information which would
aidin guessing

the  password can be obtained (in theory). There are some reworked Telnet  and FTP clients and servers available
already.
http://srp.stanford.edu/srp/

It stores encrypted passwords on the server (not simple XOR), sends
different
data over the wire every time, it's is impossible to listen on the wire
and
compute the password (even with the simplest passwords).

see http://srp.stanford.edu/srp/design.html

/* m */