Re: [HACKERS] Re: Hashing passwords (was Updated TODO list)

От Louis Bertrand
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Hashing passwords (was Updated TODO list)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Why should anyone be able to read cleartext passwords, or even need to?
People have a habit of reusing the same password for logins elsewhere.
Hash the password as it's entered and compare hashes. This way, even if
the password file (PostgreSQL's or the system's) is compromised, the
attacker gains no extra information.

Ciao--Louis  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>

Louis Bertrand       http://www.bertrandtech.on.ca
Bertrand Technical Services, Bowmanville, ON, Canada
Tel: +1.905.623.8925  Fax: +1.905.623.3852

OpenBSD: Secure by default.  http://www.openbsd.org/