Re: [HACKERS] Re: setsockopt(SO_REUSEADDR) (Re: Call for porting reports)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: setsockopt(SO_REUSEADDR) (Re: Call for porting reports)
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Peter Eisentraut <e99re41@DoCS.UU.SE> writes:
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Tom Lane wrote:
>> That doesn't strike me as sufficient; it is quite likely that that
>> will find a perl 4.  Does your help-building script run on perl 4?

> No idea. Does anyone have Perl 4 and can try it (and fix it)? Surely Perl
> 4 supports regular expressions and flow control.

perl 4.0.36 generates half a dozen minor-looking syntax errors.  Looks
like perl 5 is more forgiving about where you put parentheses.  Also
perl4 doesn't have "my()", only "local()".  Should be easy to fix;
I'll try this weekend.

Given that, I agree that configure should be fixed to look for a perl,
and then the psql Makefile should enable the build rule only if one
was found.  You want to handle that part?