elog(ERROR, "EvalPlanQual: t_xmin is uncommitted ?!") fixed

От Vadim Mikheev
Тема elog(ERROR, "EvalPlanQual: t_xmin is uncommitted ?!") fixed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
...as well as another bug described below.
So, Mark, you can use select order by for update now,
but be aware that such queries may return unordered
data if sort-keys will be changed by concurrent xactions.

My hands are mostly away from sources now, though I still
get Assert in vacuum (FreeBSD 2.2.6) when run Hiroshi test.

Vadim

======================= CVS log message ==================

1. Fix for elog(ERROR, "EvalPlanQual: t_xmin is uncommitted ?!")  and possibly for other cases too:    DO NOT cache
statusof transaction in unknown state  (i.e. non-committed and non-aborted ones)    Example:  T1 reads row
updated/insertedby running T2 and cache T2 status.  T2 commits.  Now T1 reads a row updated by T2 and with
HEAP_XMAX_COMMITTED in t_infomask (so cached T2 status is not changed).  Now T1 EvalPlanQual gets updated row version
withoutHEAP_XMIN_COMMITTED  -> TransactionIdDidCommit(t_xmin) and TransactionIdDidAbort(t_xmin)  return FALSE and T2
decidesthat t_xmin is not committed and gets  ERROR above.    It's too late to find more smart way to handle such cases
andso  I just changed xact status caching and got rid TransactionIdFlushCache()  from code.    Changed: transam.c,
xact.c,lmgr.c and transam.h - last three  just because of TransactionIdFlushCache() is removed.

2. heapam.c:
  T1 marked a row for update. T2 waits for T1 commit/abort.  T1 commits. T3 updates the row before T2 locks row page.
NowT2 sees that new row t_xmax is different from xact id (T1)  T2 was waiting for. Old code did Assert here. New one
goesto  HeapTupleSatisfiesUpdate. Obvious changes too.