Re: [HACKERS] BUG in 6.5 - GROUP BY inheritance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] BUG in 6.5 - GROUP BY inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chris Bitmead <chris.bitmead@bigfoot.com> writes:
> This is from CVS of about a week ago.

> SELECT question.title, count(comment.oid) FROM question,
> category*,comment WHERE comment.webobject = question.oid and
> question.category = category.oid GROUP BY question.title;

See my message from Sunday, "inherited GROUP BY is busted":

: It turns out that pretty much *anything* involving grouping or
: aggregation would fail if the query used inheritance, because the

This query seems to work with current sources (although EXPLAIN
fails for it --- I think that explain.c is out of sync with the
executor).