Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 Release date

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 Release date
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 Release date  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Jan Wieck wrote:
>
> > Sorry Mark,
> >
> >     this  late  I have now a regression test for the NUMERIC data
> >     type. Should I add it or is it too late?
>
> I personally see no problems with adding a new regression test to the
> tree...

    But I see a little one on it.

    The  test  I've  created  uses  some  values  that  have been
    calcuated by bc(1) with a precision of 1000 digits after  the
    decimal point.  And it excessively uses LOG, POWER etc.

    The  SQL  script  plus  the expected .out are about 500K.  It
    run's about 1 hour and 13 minutes on a 333 MHz PII system (no
    disk activity during it - real CPU time).

    I  think  it  should  be  somewhat  separate  from  the usual
    regression because some older hardware  would  need  days  to
    complete the entire suite.

    What  about  adding  a  'make longtest' to the regression and
    printing a hint about it at the end of 'make runtest'? I  see
    we're  short  of  time,  so I'll do it this way now and maybe
    later turn the wheel back.

Jan