Re: PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATE and DELETE

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATE and DELETE
Дата
Re: PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATE and DELETE  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATE and DELETE  (Peter van Hardenberg <pvh@pvh.ca>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/26/16 6:14 PM, Vik Fearing wrote:
> As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, you can just do WHERE true to get
> around it, so why on Earth have it PGC_SUSET?

I'm not sure whether it's supposed to guard against typos and possibly
buggy SQL string concatenation in application code.  So it would help
against accidental mistakes, whereas putting a WHERE TRUE in there would
be an intentional override.