Re: PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATE and DELETE

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: PoC: Make it possible to disallow WHERE-less UPDATE and DELETE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21/07/16 06:57, David Fetter wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Please find attached a patch which makes it possible to disallow
> UPDATEs and DELETEs which lack a WHERE clause.  As this changes query
> behavior, I've made the new GUCs PGC_SUSET.
>
> What say?

I say I don't like this at all.

As mentioned elsewhere in the thread, you can just do WHERE true to get
around it, so why on Earth have it PGC_SUSET?

I would rather, if we need nannying at all, have a threshold of number
of rows affected.  So if your update or delete exceeds that threshold,
the query will be canceled.
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36

Сообщение: Re: Why we lost Uber as a user
Сообщение: Re: Why we lost Uber as a user