How to increment by hand a sequence number.

От Valerio Santinelli
Тема How to increment by hand a sequence number.
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] How to increment by hand a sequence number.  (Blashko Alexander <black@lins.ospu.odessa.ua>)
Re: [GENERAL] How to increment by hand a sequence number.  (Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>)
Список pgsql-general
I've exported a table from an existing MSAccess database to my
PostgreSQL db.
I use a serial ID on the table and now I'm getting errors when I add a
new entry in the table if i don't specify the ID by hand (which should
be placed automatically by the db  since it's a serial).

The exact error is this one:

    Cannot insert a duplicate key into a unique index.

I think I should set the "last_value" field in the sequence to my real
last value aon the ID field of the table, but Idon't know how to do it.
Is there anybody who can help me ?

Thanks

Valerio Santinelli
tanis@mediacom.it