Re: [PHP3] pgsql + php3 expert needed. Can you solve this problem?

От Robert Chalmers
Тема Re: [PHP3] pgsql + php3 expert needed. Can you solve this problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
To continue this to the dns level. and to answer the other message as well;
Unrelated.  Your problem is related to the DNS setup on your system.
Verle's problem is most likely related to his UNIX domain socket.  There
are hundreds, if not thousands of people using PHP3 with PostgreSQL and
MySQL.  It works fine.  Without a close look at your individual systems we
are probably not going to be able to guess what you messed up.
-Rasmus

I don't use a hosts file, I'm running a permanently connected "C" class IP space,
with an internal network and Virtual servers. I look after my own delegation and
nameservers. The DNS is working perfectly.
My problem in NOT related to my DNS setup - why did phpfi/pgsql work perfectly
_before_ the upgrade to php3 ? - because everything else on the network works fine.
Including the INDIVIDUAL programs, php/apache/pgsql.

The ONLY problem is that php won't talk to pgsql.

I'm beginning to believe that one of the two is _not_ compatible with Bind-8. Which
I am running, having upgraded from Bind-4.xx. I thought I'd find an expert on these
lists that had that sort of knowledge.

I actually am a little put off by the implication that I "messed up" as you put it.
I've been in this business since before computers were invented! yes that long ago.
And am the first to acknowledge if I do mess up.

What is being missed here is the fact that it all works, just not together
_anymore_. where it did before the upgrade. Now, something is wrong. I don't need
telling that I messed up. What I need is an intelligent response to a problem that
appears to be caused by one of the two programs, php or pgsql not being able to
recognise the hostname, whatever that hostname is, or how its presented. This leads
ME to suspect that one of the two programs is not querying the DNS correctly - ie;
using an old or outdated call method, or one that is incompatible with Bind-8.

Taking it one step further: How many people are running
Apache-1.3.3+php3_pgsql-6.4+BIND-8, the latest version of each, of the thousands
that you mention?

And if it's not caused by incompatibilities with Bind-8, and the DNS is working fine
- the system is live 24 hours a day - what is the cause?

Robert

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au               Chinese Language Studies.
http://4qir.quantum-radio.net.au                     World Music Radio.

Сообщение: Re: [PHP3] pgsql + php3 expert needed. Can you solve this problem?
Сообщение: Re: [PHP3] pgsql + php3 expert needed. Can you solve this problem?