Re: [HACKERS] Case statement ready?

От Thomas G. Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Case statement ready?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Case statement ready?  (jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck))
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I seem to have a CASE statement implemented...

OK, it looked to me that I'm not touching any files Vadim is working on,
so I've gone ahead and committed changes for the CASE construct to the
CURRENT (main) tree.

The changes don't actually affect the system catalogs, but I would
assume that we would not want this to be a feature added to the RELEASE
tree. Speak up if you think it should be added there too.

I've put in a rudimentary regression test for CASE, but I'll update that
soon with some better tests.

If anyone has a chance to look at the new code wrt the rewriter and
optimizer costing that would be great. For the costing I would assume
that the cost should be related to the sum of the costs of the
individual clauses within the CASE statement (or maybe half of the sum).
                    - Tom