Re: [HACKERS] Case statement ready?

От jwieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Case statement ready?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > > I seem to have a CASE statement implemented...
>
> OK, it looked to me that I'm not touching any files Vadim is working on,
> so I've gone ahead and committed changes for the CASE construct to the
> CURRENT (main) tree.
>
> The changes don't actually affect the system catalogs, but I would
> assume that we would not want this to be a feature added to the RELEASE
> tree. Speak up if you think it should be added there too.

    It's  feature  and  thus must NOT be committed to the RELEASE
    tree.  But if you send me the patches, I could add it to  the
    v6.4.1   feature  patch  which  I'll  put  into  the  patches
    directory on the ftp server after v6.4.1 is out.

> If anyone has a chance to look at the new code wrt the rewriter and
> optimizer costing that would be great. For the costing I would assume
> that the cost should be related to the sum of the costs of the
> individual clauses within the CASE statement (or maybe half of the sum).

    Did it add new node types? If not, the rewrite  system  might
    already be happy with it. Anyway - I'll take a look at it and
    check/extend/fix for the rewrite corner.

Jan