Re: [GENERAL] OIDs - file objects, are damaged by PostgreSQL.

От Purusothaman A
Тема Re: [GENERAL] OIDs - file objects, are damaged by PostgreSQL.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks Richard Huxton for your reply.

I use client side api for uploading and downloading files.

Its not happening immediately. But when database grows with data, file object got corrupted.

My table structure is as follows.
             Table "public.conf"
 Column |          Type          | Modifiers
--------+------------------------+-----------
 key    | character varying(50)  | not null
 value  | character varying(100) |
    "conf_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree ("key")

Content of this table is,
         key         | value
---------------------+--------
 HX                  | 101800
 MASK                | 101801
 Rockey4ND           | 101802
 Threshold           | 60
 Authentication Mode | 2
(5 rows)

In the above, value of HX, MASK, Rockey4ND is 101800, 101801, 101802 (which was returned by lo_import());

Actually for some peculiar reason I  kept "Value" field as var char instead of oid. (this could be reason?...)

This problem occurs only few weeks after uploading files.

Regards,
Purusothaman A

On 5/16/07, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
Purusothaman A wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using Postgresql 8.2.

8.2.which?

> I am using client side api to upload/download files to/from postgresql
> using
> calls lo_export()/lo_import();
> If I download a file from postgresql, few weeks later, files object's
> contents got damaged.
>
> I don't know why.
>
> Do any of you have encountered same problem?

It's not impossible that PostgreSQL is corrupting your large-objects,
but it does seem unlikely. In what way were the large-object's contents
corrupted? Was the file-length the same? Do you know exactly when it got
corrupted?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd