Problems installing Postgres binary under solaris

От Brian Ross
Тема Problems installing Postgres binary under solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have installed the binary of Postgres and am having problems making it
run under solaris 2.5.1.  When I type the initial command "pgsql
template1" as a normal user, I recieve back the error message: "pgsql:
Command not found."  I have the following lines in my global .cshrc
file:

# for PostgresSQL
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/pgsql/lib
setenv PGLIB /usr/local/pgsql/lib
setenv PGDATA /usr/local/pgsql/data
setenv MANPATH /usr/local/pgsql/man:$MANPATH
set path = ($path /usr/local/pgsql/bin)

I have started the database with the initdb command:

./initdb --pglib=/usr/local/pgsql/lib --pgdata=/usr/local/pgsql/data

Is there something that I'm missing?

cheers

Brian Ross