Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres

От Roelof Osinga
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Problems with heavy-loaded postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Stephane Dupille wrote:

>         Hi there !
>
>         I got a problem with postgres on a heavy-loaded machine.
>
>         I use postgres for a web-server. I access the database with a perl-5
> CGI.

A possible solution would be to switch to PHP3. You didn't say
what webserver you're using, but if it is apache then PHP3 runs
as a module. Also, PHP3 has persistent database connections. It
would mean a rewrite, though.

Roelof

Eboa (ingenieursburo Office Automation)      web. http://eboa.com/
P.O. Box 55                                  mail info@eboa.com
Weerd 24
8900 AB  Leeuwarden                          tel. +31-582123014
the Netherlands                              fax. +31-582160293
Ing. Roelof Osinga                           roelof@eboa.com