Problems with heavy-loaded postgres

От Stephane Dupille
Тема Problems with heavy-loaded postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
    Hi there !

    I got a problem with postgres on a heavy-loaded machine.

    I use postgres for a web-server. I access the database with a perl-5
CGI.

    When I try to access the database with 50 simultaneous connections,
the database crash, when I use the -o-F option for postmaster, and
doesn't crash if I do not use it.

    But it crash anyway with 60 simultanous connections. Please note that
I compiled postgres to accept as many as 128 simultanous backend.

    The messages from postmaster I get are :
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ""
# A lot of messages like that, but I think this is not very important...
ERROR:  postmaster: StreamConnection: accept: Invalid argument
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
semop: Identifier removed
This type of error is usually caused by improper
semop: Identifier removed
This type of error is usually caused by improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
See the FAQ for more detailed information
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
See the FAQ for more detailed information
semop: Identifier removed
This type of error is usually caused by improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
semop: Identifier removed
See the FAQ for more detailed information
This type of error is usually caused by improper
shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
See the FAQ for more detailed information
NOTICE:  AbortTransaction and not in in-progress state
# And a lot of garbage like that....

    Note that the problem doesn't come when I stress the machine, but
when the stress is continuous for 1 or 2 minutes !!

    I cannot manage to detect where this problem is come from, so HELP !!

    I run on Linux RedHat 5.1, postgres v6.3.2, and bi-pentium II 266 MHz
with 256 MB RAM. If you need this kind of infos. (kernel 2.0.34).

    Note that postgres work very fine when the load is moderated (about
40 transactions simultaneous).

==
  ___
{~._.~}                    Stephane - DUST - Dupille
 ( Y )            You were dust and you shall turn into dust
()~*~()                    email : sdupille@yahoo.com
(_)-(_)