Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:

От Marcio Macedo
Тема Re: [ADMIN] FATAL 1: SetUserId:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yow.... after this whole discussion, what was the final result  Bernd ?
did you get it?

Here is one more question that you con check if not:

look for the /var/lib/pgsql/base directory.
if it is there, search for the Template1 directory inside it.

if anyone of that exists try the folowing command as a POSTGRES user

initdb --pgdata=/var/lib/pgsql --pglib=/usr/lib

This will create a template1 database, which is a template to all
databases that you'll create after.

If all works create a new user (as postgres) with 'createuser' and a new
db with 'createdb <dbname> 'command.

I've been using redHat 5.1 with postgresql for some time, and it works
quite fine as just as in Slackware, but it really has some issues about
th rpm packages and its configuration.

Well, I hope this work. But if not... let me know ok.

Bernd Johannes Wuebben wrote:

> Hello John,
>
>         thanks for your suggestion,
>
> On 13-Aug-98 JOHN COOK wrote:
> >
> > If you do not have the password for it, log it as 'root', then type
> > 'passwd postgres' and enter a new password.  Log out and log back in as
> > postgres.  Then "createuser username".  You should be able to log out,
>
> root: su - postgres
> [postgres@petit pgsql]$ createuser wuebben
> Connection to database 'template1' failed.
> FATAL 1:  SetUserId: user "postgres" is not in "pg_shadow"
> createuser: database access failed.
> [postgres@petit pgsql]$
>
> but it still doesn't work. How do I get anyone into pg_shadow?
>
> Bernd

> Bernd Johannes Wuebben                          wuebben@kde.org
> wuebben@math.cornell.edu                        wuebben@acm.org

--Marcio Macedo