Re: [INTERFACES] Memo field in MS Access

От Byron Nikolaidis
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Memo field in MS Access
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

Giuseppe Tanzilli wrote:

> Hi,
> I was porting an Access database to PostgreSQL and I found a
> problem.
> I had  ~12K memo text field in Access, I can't port this to pgsql.
> I do not need index, compare on this field.
>
> There is a way to map a field as a large object ?

Currently, the odbc driver only allows for SQL_LONGVARBINARY to be
mapped to a large object, and that is because we have a special "lo"
data type that we create in Postgres.  (See our FAQ on our website for
how to do this)

For your case, we would also need to create an "lo_text" data type that
would then be mapped to SQL_LONGVARCHAR by the driver.   Also, we would
need an option to go the other way because currently, SQL_LONGVARCHAR is
mapped to a postgres 'text' type.  Most users are happy with this
mapping so we would need an option.

I could add it to my TODO list but if you need it only for one time to
import the data, I could just send you a modified version that maps it
the way you want.

Byron