Re: [INTERFACES] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Wim Ceulemans wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using RedHat 4.2 and postgres 6.3.2
> I connect to the postgres database using the latest JDBC driver (that comes
> with 6.3.2) and the latest JDK (Steve Byrne's 1.1.6v2).

I haven't tested it against 1.1.6 on linux yet but it should be ok.

> When I run my application I get after a while the following Exception:
>
> Exception occurred during event dispatching:
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
>  at postgresql.PG_Stream.ReceiveString(PG_Stream.java:240)
>  at postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:712)
>  at postgresql.Statement.execute(Statement.java:259)
>  at postgresql.Statement.executeQuery(Statement.java:46)
>
> The application I am running imports an ASCII file into a number of
> postgresql tables by repeatedly issuing executeQuery statements. At startup
> I create a Connection and a Statement object which I never close (except
> when stopping the application). I think after about 300 query's I get the
> out of memory error.

It sounds like something is not being freed by the Garbage Collector. It
would help to see some of the code that is causing the problem.

I have something here which does a similar thing to yours, and it loads
80,000 rows without any problems, so there may be something simple being
missed here.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk