Re: [INTERFACES] a JDBC applet

От Andrew R. Jackson
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] a JDBC applet
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
At 04:49 PM 09/07/98 +0200, Cyril FERRAND wrote:
>    I look for an example of a Java applet to communicate with a
>postgresql base via JBDC. Because I have a lot of pb with my own one.
>A example like basic.java example is ok.

I have a general question related to this connecting to the DB via applet: would this require the applet user's domain
tobe in the pg_hba.conf file? I couldn't successfully run basic.java (one of the examples) locally here and have it
connectto Postgres at school without doing this first.

If one wants an applet that can run anywhere to have access, then you'd have to set up Postgres not to only accept
connectionsfrom certain domains, but all domains, right? I could be way off here since I am a lowly Postgres *user*,
andmost docs/discussion speak to people who have Postgres admin/config abilities, which is unfortunate.

Anyway, my approach to the applet-Postgres issue is a client-server one. Applets are clients that connect to a server
runningon the same machine running the Postgres stuff which mediates the database connection. This will keep the
sysadminpeople happy :) At least at my school...

Andrew