Re: [ADMIN] Still having trouble compiling Postgresql

От Oliver Mueschke
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Still having trouble compiling Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
jon,

i just checked it once again: after removing /usr/src/postgresql-6.3.2,
installing the sources from the tar archive, configure and plain make i
got the following errors:
  (most of the stuff compiled with a few warnings,and then:)
  gcc -o psql -L../../interfaces/libpq psql.o stringutils.o ...
     -lpq -ldl -lm -lbsd -lreadline -lhistory -export-dynamic
  /usr/lib/libreadline.a(display.o): In function `rl_redisplay':
  display.o(.text+0x9bf): undefined reference to `tputs'
and lots of other missing references. is this what your problem looks
like?

well, after editing src/Makefile.global the LDFLAGS line reads:
  LDFLAGS=   -ldl -lm -lbsd -lreadline -lhistory -lncurses

now the next make succeeds. note that i did not change any of the
libraries after suse 5.1 installation. maybe you screwed your libs while
attempting to fix the problem?

oliver

John Bright wrote:

> Oliver,
> Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately the recompilation
> after this fell over at exactly the same place.
> I'm just wondering if this is indeed a Postgres problem.
> The function it falls over on and cannot find is readline().
> I downloaded version 2.2 of the GNU readline library.
> I untarred the library in /tmp, which created readline-2.2 and
> subdirectories.
> The steps I used to rebuild the GNU readline library were
> ./configure
> make
> make install.
> these were the instructions recommended in the INSTALL
> file with the library.
> This builds the libraries libreadline.a and libhistory.a in the
> readline-2.2 directory under /tmp. make install is then meant
> to copy these files to the correct part of the directory tree to make
> them useable under Linux. However, when I checked /usr/lib,
> it had copied the latest libreadline.a to /usr/lib/libreadline.old
> and the libhistory.a file had not been copied at all.
> I also assume it should be copying the header files for the
> readline library into /usr/include, so that Postgres will then
> pick up the latest versions of the GNU readline library.
> So, from where I'm sitting it does kinda look as if the problem
> is not really with Postgres, but with Postgres being given the
> right libraries and headers for the GNU readline library.
> Does this sound plausible ?
> Would you or any of your colleagues know about this, and know
> whether it is safe for me to do the following :-
> cd /usr/include
> cp /tmp/readline-2.2/*.h .
> cd /usr/lib
> cp /tmp/readline-2.2/lib*.a .
> Would this then force the GNU readline library to be up-to-date ?
> It does seem as if make install is letting me down somewhat.
> Alternatively, can I get release 6.4 quickly and easily ?
> Regards
> John

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Still having trouble compiling Postgresql
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Still having trouble compiling Postgresql