Re: [BUGS] Errors in one program and not in another... CODE is identical

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] Errors in one program and not in another... CODE is identical
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Trever Adams <trever_Adams@bigfoot.com> writes:
> [pid  3270] write(2, "FATAL 1:  Socket command type P unknown\n\n", 41)
> = 41
> [pid  3270] write(4, "EFATAL 1:  Socket command type P unknown\n\n\0",
> 43) = 43

> I get data back from the first select, but the above errors seem to
> follow right after.

That looks like the client and backend are getting out of sync.  The
backend expects query commands from the client to be preceded by 'Q'
(there are also 'F' and 'X' command types, IIRC), and this complaint
says that the next character it read after processing a command wasn't
one of the expected command types.  Probably that 'P' is out of the
middle of some query string sent by the client.

How they got out of sync I can't tell from this much info.  Are you
using libpq, or some other interface?