Re: COPY doesn't works when containing ' ' or ' ' characters on db

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: COPY doesn't works when containing ' ' or ' ' characters on db
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:
> I think this happens when the front-end encoding is SQL_ASCII and the
> database is using UNICODE.  Then, there are misunderstandings between
> front-end and back-end, so that a single character with the eighth bit
> set may be sent by the front-end and interpreted by the back-end as the
> first half of a UNICODE two-byte character.

I wondered about that, but his examples had one or more characters
between the eighth-bit-set character and the '|', so this doesn't seem
to explain the problem.

Still, if it went away after moving to ASCII encoding, it clearly is
a multibyte issue of some sort.