Re: COPY doesn't works when containing ' ' or ' ' characters on db

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: COPY doesn't works when containing ' ' or ' ' characters on db
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:
  >Jaume Teixi <teixi@6tems.com> writes:
  >> I finally percated that when data contains '' or '' it's impossible to
  >> parse trought:
  >
  >> COPY products FROM '/var/lib/postgres/dadesi.txt' USING DELIMITERS '|' \g
  >
  >> it causes:
  >
  >> SELECT edicion FROM products;
  >>      edicion
  >> -----------------
  >>  Espaa|Nacional <-------puts on the same cell either there's an '|' in
  >> the middle!!!
  >
  >Very odd.  What LOCALE and multibyte encodings are you using, if any?
  >This seems like it must be a multibyte issue, but I can't guess what.
  >
  >Also, which Postgres version are you running?  If you said, I missed it.

I think this happens when the front-end encoding is SQL_ASCII and the
database is using UNICODE.  Then, there are misunderstandings between
front-end and back-end, so that a single character with the eighth bit
set may be sent by the front-end and interpreted by the back-end as the
first half of a UNICODE two-byte character.

     "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to
      forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
      unrighteousness."       I John 1:9