Re: [HACKERS] logical replication - still unstable after all thesemonths

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logical replication - still unstable after all thesemonths
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/4/17 22:38, Petr Jelinek wrote:
> On 03/06/17 16:12, Jeff Janes wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 4:10 PM, Petr Jelinek
>> <petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com <mailto:petr.jelinek@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:
>>

>>     While I was testing something for different thread I noticed that I
>>     manage transactions incorrectly in this patch. Fixed here, I didn't test
>>     it much yet (it takes a while as you know :) ). Not sure if it's related
>>     to the issue you've seen though.
>>

>> This conflicts again with Peter E's recent commit
>> 3c9bc2157a4f465b3c070d1250597568d2dc285f
>>

> Rebased on top of current HEAD.

Committed that, with some further updates of comments to reflect the
changes.

I do like the simplification of the state progression.

Perhaps it could be simplified even further, by eliminating the SYNCDONE
setting in LogicalRepSyncTableStart() and making it go through the apply
loop and end up in process_syncing_tables_for_sync() in all cases.
Which is kind of what the comments at the top of the file suggest would
happen anyway.