Re: [HACKERS] Re: v7.1b4 bad performance

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: v7.1b4 bad performance
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> I agree with Tom. I did some benchmarking tests using pgbench for a
> computer magazine in Japan. I got a almost equal or better result for
> 7.1 than 7.0.3 if commit_delay=0. See included png file.

Interesting curves.  One thing you might like to know is that while
poking around with a profiler this afternoon, I found that the vast
majority of the work done for this benchmark is in the uniqueness
checks driven by the unique indexes.  Declare those as plain (non
unique) and the TPS figures would probably go up noticeably.  That
doesn't make the test invalid, but it does suggest that pgbench is
emphasizing one aspect of system performance to the exclusion of
others ...