Re: Patch Submission Guidelines

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Patch Submission Guidelines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane said:
>> How much time would you need? I think having every patch built before
>> anyone even looks at the code would sort out most of the issues I
>> mentioned.
>
> If I ran a buildfarm machine, I'd turn it off immediately if anyone
> proposed setting up a system that would cause it to run code no one had
> vetted... so I don't think the above will fly.  It might or might not
> be worth doing something with patches that have passed some kind of
> initial review but aren't yet applied.

Yes, I agree. Whast I had in mind was adding some sort of experimental
branch to CVS.

> IMHO the thing we are really seriously short of is patch reviewers.
> Neil and Bruce and I seem to be the only ones doing that much at all,
> and the main burden is falling on Bruce.  More eyeballs would help much
> more than throwing machines at the problem.

Unfortunately, demands from my real job increased enormously right at the
time I was given commit privileges. I don't know when that will change.

People can review without having commit privs, though.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: Patch Submission Guidelines
Сообщение: Re: Patch Submission Guidelines