Re: [HACKERS] A typo in mcxt.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] A typo in mcxt.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2017-02-23 14:26:07 -0600, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> On 2/23/17 6:38 AM, Thomas Munro wrote:
>>> That is an archaic way of contracting the same words differently:

>> Given the number of non-native English speakers we have, it's probably worth
>> changing it...

> I'm a non-native speaker and I actually like discovering new language
> "features" every now and then. I think as long as it's not inhibiting
> understanding to much - which doesn't seem to be the case here - it's
> fine to keep things like this.

While I don't recall it specifically, git blame says that comment is mine.
I'm pretty sure it's not a typo, but that the allusion to Hamlet was
intentional.  I think it's good to have a bit of levity and external
references in our comments; cuts down on the boredom of reading totally
dry code.

(But see commit d2783bee3 for one hazard of this sort of thing.)