Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask

От David Steele
Тема Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Stephen,

On 4/6/18 10:22 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:

> * David Steele (david@pgmasters.net) wrote:

>>> Agreed, these need some more work.  I'm happy to do that but I'll need a
>>> bit more time.  Have a look at the new patches and I'll work on some
>>> better messages.
>>
>> I'm sure you'll want to reword some things, but I think these commit
>> messages capture the essential changes for each patch.
>
> Thanks much.  I've taken (most) of these, adjusting a few bits here and
> there.
>
> I've been back over the patch again, mostly improving the commit
> messages, comments, and docs.  I also looked over the code and tests
> again and they're looking pretty good to me, so I'll be looking to
> commit this tomorrow afternoon or so US/Eastern.

OK, one last review.  I did't make any code changes, but I improved some
comments, added documentation and fixed a test.

01) Refactor dir/file permissions

* Small comment update, replace "such cases-" with "such cases --".

02) Allow group access on PGDATA

* Add data_directory_mode guc to "Preset Options" documentation.
* Add a section to the documentation that discusses changing the
permissions of an existing cluster.
* Improved comment on checkControlFile().
* Comment wordsmithing for SetDataDirectoryCreatePerm() and
RetrieveDataDirCreatePerm().
* Fixed ordering of -g option in initdb documentation.
* Fixed a new test that was "broken" by 032429701e477.  It was broken
before but the rmtrees added in 032429701e477 exposed the problem.

Attached are the v19 patches.

Thanks!
--
-David