Re: Hoow do you drop a column in a table

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Hoow do you drop a column in a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Art,

On Feb 8, 2005, at 7:37 PM, Art Fore wrote:

> ALTER TABLE "MPC" DROP COLUMNG  do_not_use CASCADE
>
> It appeared to work but did not drop the column. What is the
> dprocedure for dropping a column? an anyone point me to a document
> that tells EXACTLY how to do this? Also, how do you find out the
> dependencies it says it has? I know of none.

Here is the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-altertable.html

If it still does not work, try again in psql and then paste the output
in your email so we can better understand the problem.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL