Re: Hoow do you drop a column in a table

От Robby Russell
Тема Re: Hoow do you drop a column in a table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 16:37 -0800, Art Fore wrote:
> Using phppgadmin, I tried tropping a column in a table. I comes back to
> try DROP .. CASCADE. Went into psql and typed the following,
>
> ALTER TABLE "MPC" DROP COLUMNG  do_not_use CASCADE
>
> It appeared to work but did not drop the column. What is the dprocedure
> for dropping a column? an anyone point me to a document that tells
> EXACTLY how to do this? Also, how do you find out the dependencies it
> says it has? I know of none.
>
> Art

ALTER TABLE foo DROP COLUMN name CASCADE;

* Robby Russell | Owner.Developer.Geek
* PLANET ARGON  | www.planetargon.com
* Portland, OR  | robby@planetargon.com
* 503.351.4730  | blog.planetargon.com
* PHP/PostgreSQL Hosting & Development
* --- Now hosting Ruby on Rails Apps ---

От: John DeSoi
Сообщение: Re: Hoow do you drop a column in a table
Сообщение: Re: Hoow do you drop a column in a table