Query limitations (size, number of UNIONs ...)

От Marc Mamin
Тема Query limitations (size, number of UNIONs ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello,

I've split my data in daily tables to keep them in an acceptable size.

Now I have quite complex queries which may be very long if I need to query a
large number of daily tables.

I've just made a first test wich resulted in a query being 15KB big annd
containing 63 UNION.

The Query plan in PGAdmin is about 100KB big with 800 lines :-)

The performance is not such bad, but I'm wondering if there are some
POSTGRES limitations I should take care of with this strategy.

Thanks,

Marc

--
Geschenkt: 3 Monate GMX ProMail gratis + 3 Ausgaben stern gratis
++ Jetzt anmelden & testen ++ http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail ++