Re: Fw: problems with copy command

От Frank Bax
Тема Re: Fw: problems with copy command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Apache might run as 'nobody', but you do not need to connect to pgsql as
'nobody'.
      $dbc = pg_connect( "dbname=xxxx user=yyyy" );
'yyyy' does Not need to be 'nobody'.

If 'yyyy' is a user with super-user priviledges, then COPY will work/
I just tested it with the following php code:
  $dbc = pg_connect( "dbname=gwacl user=fbax" );
  $sql = "copy emptest from '/tmp/empdata.txt'";
  pg_FreeResult( pg_exec( $dbc, $sql ) );
  pg_close( $dbc );
And it worked just fine (6.5.3).
I got 'permission denied' messages when user did not have super-user
priviledge.
Frank

At 05:24 PM 5/09/00 +0200, you wrote:
>because apache can only run as nobody, in my case.
>I thought about it already, I guess the only sulution is stdin.
>bye
>Paolo

Сообщение: RE: Re: Congratulations and Some Thoughts
Сообщение: Re: Re: Congratulations and Some Thoughts