Re: Re: Congratulations and Some Thoughts

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Congratulations and Some Thoughts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev@SECTORBASE.COM> writes:
> Do we really need written assignments from everyone?
> Can we just have somewhere in our official docs statement
> that anyone posting patches is agreed with our copyright
> terms etc?

As I understood it, Rusty's (that's Landmark's counsel, for anyone who
forgot) recommendations to us focused on using the license terms to deal
with this issue, and leaving the legal copyright in the hands of the
contributor where Berne Convention rules put it.  But I'm getting way
ahead of the game here.  I suggest we put this thread on hold until
Rusty's ready to make his presentation to the list.