RE: Re: Congratulations and Some Thoughts

От Mikheev, Vadim
Тема RE: Re: Congratulations and Some Thoughts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Yes, this is something that we intend to discuss in parallel with
> license-tweaking.  The idea has been mentioned before, but previously
> the main argument for having a foundation was "to hold the copyright".
> We now realize it's doubtful that that would actually mean anything
> legally, unless we require all contributors to sign written copyright
> assignments a la Free Software Foundation practices. (In core's
> discussions of this, we've guessed that that approach is too
> bureaucratic to be likely to go over well with the Postgres community,
> although of course we're open to being told otherwise.)

Do we really need written assignments from everyone?
Can we just have somewhere in our official docs statement
that anyone posting patches is agreed with our copyright
terms etc? My thoughts that written agreement is required
from ones with full CVS access only (but those ppl should be
members of foundation anyway and so will have to sign
something -:)).

Vadim