Re: [HACKERS] Statement Triggers. Ideas & help.

От Philip Warner
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Statement Triggers. Ideas & help.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 09:55 17/08/99 +0800, Vadim Mikheev wrote:
>F J Cuberos wrote:
>>
>> Forget the problem with Executeplan, I was getting the syslogs and stdour
>> messages in the same screen; SO DOUBLE!!!!.
>>
>> With statement triggers (and defined in SQL3 too) will be interesting to
>> access OLD and NEW values of modified tables. How can be implemented? It´s
>> possible to use MVCC for this?
>
>MVCC uses t_xmin/t_xmax to decide what's visible to transaction.
>For OLD/NEW you will have to analyze t_cmin/t_cmax as well.

FWIW, Dec (Oracle) Rdb does not allow access to OLD & NEW in statement
triggers; if you want the rows, you have to write 'for each row' triggers.

(A.C.N. 008 659 498)             |          /(@)   ______---_
Tel: +61-03-5367 7422            |                 _________  \
Fax: +61-03-5367 7430            |                 ___________ |
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [CORE] Re: tomorrow