Re: pg_index updates and SI invalidation

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: pg_index updates and SI invalidation
Дата
Re: pg_index updates and SI invalidation  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 4/3/07, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

Where are we on this?

Tom Lane wrote:

> [squint...]  How can that fail during a reload if it worked the first
> time?  Needs a closer look at what's happening.

Please see the attached updated patch, based on Tom's comments.

Attempt to reload index information for system indexes such as
pg_class_oid_index can cause infinite recursion. But I realized that
we don't need to reload system index information because we
neither allow CREATE INDEX or CIC on system relations. Only
REINDEX is allowed which does not need any reload. So we skip
index information reload for system relations.

Thanks,
Pavan

--

EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com