Re: pg_index updates and SI invalidation

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_index updates and SI invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

and approves it.

Pavan Deolasee wrote:
> On 4/3/07, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >

> > Where are we on this?

> > Tom Lane wrote:
> > >
> > > [squint...]  How can that fail during a reload if it worked the first
> > > time?  Needs a closer look at what's happening.
> > >

> Please see the attached updated patch, based on Tom's comments.
>
> Attempt to reload index information for system indexes such as
> pg_class_oid_index can cause infinite recursion. But I realized that
> we don't need to reload system index information because we
> neither allow CREATE INDEX or CIC on system relations. Only
> REINDEX is allowed which does not need any reload. So we skip
> index information reload for system relations.
>
> Thanks,
> Pavan
>
> --
>
> EnterpriseDB     http://www.enterprisedb.com

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Brian Hurt
Сообщение: Re: Last minute mini-proposal (I know, I know) for PQexecf()
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Interaction of PITR backups andBulkoperationsavoiding WAL