Re: DELETING then INSERTING record with same PK in the same TRANSACTION

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: DELETING then INSERTING record with same PK in the same TRANSACTION
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/9/22 10:34, Brent Wood wrote:
> My take on this...
>
> Because both statements are in the transaction, the delete is not fully
> actioned until the commit. So it still exists in the table when you try
> to insert the record with the duplicate key.

No:

\d animals
                       Table "public.animals"
  Column |          Type          | Collation | Nullable | Default
--------+------------------------+-----------+----------+---------
  id     | integer                |           | not null |
  cond   | character varying(200) |           | not null |
  animal | character varying(200) |           | not null |
     "animals_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (id)

delete from animals where id = 1;
DELETE 1

insert into animals values (1, 'great', 'opossum');
INSERT 0 1

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: DELETING then INSERTING record with same PK in the same TRANSACTION
Сообщение: Re: DELETING then INSERTING record with same PK in the same TRANSACTION