Re: DELETING then INSERTING record with same PK in the same TRANSACTION

От Brent Wood
Тема Re: DELETING then INSERTING record with same PK in the same TRANSACTION
Дата
Re: DELETING then INSERTING record with same PK in the same TRANSACTION  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
My take on this...

Because both statements are in the transaction, the delete is not fully actioned until the commit. So it still exists in the table when you try to insert the record with the duplicate key.

Check if the error is generated during the transaction or at the commit stage, run it without the commit, rollback instead to check this.

I don't see how you can do this within a transaction, someone else might?

Brent Wood

Principal Technician, Fisheries
NIWA