Re: how can I fix my accent issues?

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: how can I fix my accent issues?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Igniris Valdivia Baez wrote:

> 3. After the revision the data is loaded to the destiny database and
> here is were I believe the issue is, because the data is reviewed in
> Windows and somehow Pentaho is not understanding correctly the
> interaction between both operating systems.

On Windows, a system in spanish would plausibly use
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows-1252
as the default codepage.
On Unix, it might use UTF-8, with a locale like maybe es_CU.UTF-8.

Now if a certain component of your data pipeline assumes that
the input data is in the default encoding of the system, and
the input data appears to be always encoded with Windows-1252,
then only the version running on Windows will have it right.
The one that runs on Unix might translate the bytes that
do not meet its encoding expectations into the U+FFFD
code point.
At least that's a plausible explanation for the result you're seeing
in the Postgres database.

A robust solution is to not use defaults for encodings and explicitly
declare the encoding of every input throughout the data pipeline.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
https://postgresql.verite.pro/

Сообщение: Re: how can I fix my accent issues?
Сообщение: Re: how can I fix my accent issues?