Needs Suggestion

От subham@cse.iitb.ac.in
Тема Needs Suggestion
Дата
Re: Needs Suggestion  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
How can I increase the stack depth limit ? Is it only by modifying the
postgres.conf file, but there I cannot increase the stack depth beyond 4
MB.

Actually, my problem is that, when I set the stack base address of the
child thread using the POSIX library function "pthread_setstackaddr()", I
am unable to access the memory contents of its parent. The data-structures
in the parent are either getting destroyed or unaccessible when moving to
the context of the child thread.
But when I create the child thread without setting its stack base address
then it is able to access the parent's memory contents. But if the child
thread's code size is large then it is getting stack fault and displaying
the message "MAX stack depth limit reached ...".
Can anyone give any reason why is that so ?
OR
If I cannot set the child thread's stack base address. Then How can I
increase the stack depth limit to a large value ?

--

Thank You,
Subham Roy.