Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22/09/10 03:25, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Why is this in the config file at all. It should be:
>
> synchronous_replication = TRUE/FALSE

Umm, what does this do?

> then
>
> ALTER CLUSTER ENABLE REPLICATION FOR FOO;
> ALTER CLUSTER SET keep_connect ON FOO TO TRUE;
>
> Or some such thing.

I like a configuration file more because you can easily add comments,
comment out lines, etc. It also makes it easier to have a different
configuration in master and standby. We don't support cascading slaves,
yet, but you might still want a different configuration in master and
slave, waiting for the moment that the slave is promoted to a new master.