RE: [HACKERS] backend freezeing on win32 fixed (I hope ;-) )

От Horak Daniel
Тема RE: [HACKERS] backend freezeing on win32 fixed (I hope ;-) )
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Horak Daniel <horak@mmp.plzen-city.cz> writes:
> > I have tested my solution a bit more and I have to say that
> reusing a
> > semaphore by a new backend works OK. But it is not possible
> for a newly
> > created backend to use a semaphore allocated by postmaster
> (it freezes on
> > test if the semaphore with given key already exists - done with
> > semId=semget(semKey, 0, 0) in function IpcSemaphoreCreate() in
> > storage/ipc/ipc.c ). Why it is, I don't know, but it seems
> that my solution
> > uses the ipc library in the right way.
>
> It seems that you have found a bug in the cygipc library.  I suggest
> reporting it to the author of same...

Or it can be a feature ;-) But before it will be fixed (if it can be fixed)
I would like to see my patch it the sources. It is very simple, without
negative effects... The win32 port will be more stable than it is now. We
still can't consider the win32 port to be run in a production environment.
        Dan